Advanced Degree Intern - Global Business & Platform Solutions - GBPS Architecture Job
Date: Feb 21, 2014
Location: Foster City, CA, US
Location: United States-CA-Foster City
Job: Business/Proj. Mgt.
Job Number :140260
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
The GBPS Intern will develop and enhance long term technology strategy, roadmaps and associated governance processes while participating in ongoing technology selection activities.
-Partner directly with the GBPS Chief Architect
-Design and implement technical strategy and contribute to architectural roadmap for a large, complex development organization
-Introduce enhancements that evolve the level of technical and architectural rigor in business and technology decisions
-Collaborate with architects across the organization to develop common standards and patterns for architecture across development teams
-Deliver documented technical strategy for each developmental unit
-Develop a high-level roadmap of key aarchitectural and technology decisions over a 1-2 year timeframe
-Masters Degree strongly preferred but not absolutely required (based on prior work experience)
-Masters - CIS with a strategic focus or a business/management program with a strong technical focus
- Bachelors in Computer Science (CIS/CE) required – specialization in software development, data management, distributed computing, architecture and design strongly preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving
- Exposure to and experience with application and data architecture
- Very strong verbal communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to generate architectural visualizations
- Strong written communication skills
- Technical depth in multiple subject areas at a senior designer or architect level
- Consulting experience a plus
- Experience in hardware, security and/or infrastructure architecture helpful but less directly relevant to this position
- Experience with large, integrated and complex web-based systems a major plus
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segments: Solution Architect, Architecture, Intern, Banking, Bank, Technology, Engineering, Entry Level, Finance