Advanced Degree Intern - Global Business & Platform Solutions - Commercial Card Programs Job
Date: Feb 21, 2014
Location: Austin, TX, US
Location: United States-TX-Austin
Job: Business/Proj. Mgt.
Job Number :140258
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Commercial B2B Services group is part of Commercial IT Product Solutions team in Visa’s IT organization and is responsible for designing, developing and implementing value-added products and services for Visa’s Commercial line of business globally. We develop, support and maintain various Commercial platforms including Card Management, Visa Payables Automation, Visa Subscription Management etc.
Visa Payables Automation (VPA) is the B2B platform that automates and streamlines accounts payable process for corporations and businesses to make B2B payments for their invoice spend using Visa cards in lieu of other payment methods like Check, ACH, Wire transfer etc. This solution has several integrations with internal Visa platforms including Visa Net, Cyber Source, Visa Payment Controls (VPC), DPS- Prepaid and external third party processors like TSYS, TSYS UK, FDR, FIS etc.
VPA Platform is built on J2EE technology stack and supports very complex business rules. But these complex biz rules are custom-coded, and the set of business rules gets extended or changed with the multiple releases each year on VPA. These changes require modifying existing code, and leads to high maintenance costs YoY.
To improve maintainability & scalability of VPA platform across multiple regions, processors, issuers & companies (RPIC), we are looking to reduce custom-coding specific biz rules within VPA, and evaluating options to use an industry standard Rules Engine & prototype VPA with Business Rules software.
The goals for this project are as follows:
1. Detail Analysis & documentation of Biz Rules in VPA application
2. Technical evaluation of Industry standard Rules Engine Software
3. Business Rules Engine PoC (Proof-of-Concept) for VPA using Drools or other Biz Rules Software. Scope of the PoC will be limited to one or two key functionalities within VPA
The Commercial Card Programs intern will be expected to complete the following deliverables:
1. Biz Rules Analysis & Document for VPA
2. Fully functional Business Rules Engine (RE) PoC for VPA, demonstrating implementation using Drools or other Rules Engine Software
-Computer Science or related major
1. Programming experience in one or more of these technologies: J2EE, IBM DB2, SQL, Web Services, SOAP, Quartz, Spring, Struts, Hibernate, IBM Websphere , HTML, SOA, Middleware Development, XML etc.
2. Familiarity with the fundamentals of Rules Engine. Knowledge of Drools or JRules will be a plus.
3. Familiarity with concepts in payment Industry is a plus.
Nearest Major Market: Austin
Job Segments: Accounts Payable, Intern, Developer, Banking, Bank, Finance, Entry Level, Technology