Undergraduate Intern - GIS Cyber Security - Digital Brand Protection Job
Date: Feb 20, 2014
Location: Austin, TX, US
Location: United States-TX-Austin
Job: Business/Proj. Mgt.
Job Number :140257
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
GIS Cyber Security interns will work with experienced Internet security technology specialists on focused project(s) with clear goals and measurable results. Visa’s Digital Brand Protection team is responsible for upholding the reputation and security of Visa's global brands. This includes anti-phishing, anti-malware and digital underground crimes prevention activities. Projects will involve interaction with multiple Visa teams – from technology owners to marketing and operations teams as well as third party vendors and industry contacts.
- Automate analysis of data to determine most common attack IP addresses, compromised hosts and malicious domain names in order to facilitate team efforts against the highest profile threat actors
- Assist with granular research and investigation to compile appropriate evidence to present case(s) to law enforcement for legal action
-Deliver software and methodologies that improve Visa's efficiency to identify and act to deter most significant threat actors in this space
- Graduating in 2015 or 2016 with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Computer Science, Math, CyberSecurity, Management Information Systems, Engineering or related
- Demonstrated interest in Internet technologies and related current security events
- Excellent analytical abilities and proactive, curious mindset
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Adept at scripting and programming
- Interest in data analytics a plus
Nearest Major Market: Austin
Job Segments: Branding, Intern, Brand Manager, Geology, GIS, Marketing, Entry Level, Engineering, Technology